As company we do collect and manage customer data. In doing so, we observe UK data protection legislation, and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and rights.
However, data is not shared outside this company (other than business credit checks) & is only used for internal statistics & improvements. You will only be contacted if you are a business with the functions of our trade.
2) What Information Do We Collect About You?
The information that we collect about you may include your name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, as well as relevant financial and credit information. This is referred to as your "personal data". We collect this data in a number of different ways. For example, you may provide this data directly when filling in forms on this website, or when corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or letter.
Equally, when you visit this website and even if you do not register with us, we may collect technical information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet. your login information, browser type and version, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, and information about your visit including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages.
We will not need to collect any sensitive information about you (known as "special categories of data") which includes, for example, details about your racial or ethnic origin, or data relating to your health.
3) How Will We Use That Information?
Currently, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To assist in the processing of your order / to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For example, this could include packing and delivering orders, forwarding order details, order fulfilment, the processing of credit/debit card transactions, fraud prevention, registering warranties and the provision of corresponding customer services
- In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide your information to external companies with which we contract to assist us in providing these critical services to you. We assure you that these companies are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose.
- Occasionally we will use your data to provide you with marketing services. This allows us to tell you about new products or services that may be of interest to you. You will not receive marketing communications from anyone else.
- To ensure that the information contained within this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to update and improve the contents of our site, and ensure the smooth operation of internal processes, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to keep our website as safe and secure as possible. For further information, please refer to our Cookies Policy, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
4) How Long Will We Keep Your Data?
Unless you ask us to do so, we will never keep your data for longer than is necessary for us to complete the activity for which your data was collected in the first place. However, sometimes there is a legitimate and/or legal reason that means we need to retain your data.
5) With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We currently do not share any data outside our company. We will never sell your personal data to any external organisation.
6) How Can You Access the Personal Data We Hold?
You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data we hold about you. This is known as a "Subject Access Request". Except in exceptional circumstances (which we would discuss and agree with you in advance), you can obtain this information at no cost.
7) Updating or Amending Your Personal Data
If, at any time, you want to update or amend your personal data or consent preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with proof of identity. Any requested and legitimate changes will take effect within 28 days of receipt of your request.
8) Data Privacy and Security
We maintain a comprehensive data management work programme, which includes processes for ensuring that data protection is a key consideration of all new and existing IT systems that hold customers personal data. Where any concerns, risks or issues are identified, we conduct relevant impact assessments in order to determine any actions that are necessary to ensure optimum privacy.
We also maintain an active information security work programme which seeks to protect the availability, confidentiality and integrity of all physical and information assets. Specifically, this programme helps us to:
- Protect against potential breaches of confidentiality;
- Ensure all IT facilities are protected against damage, loss or misuse & increase awareness and understanding across our business including the responsibility of staff to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information that they handle.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this website, and in this Privacy Statement, is accurate and up-to-date, but no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions contained herein.
We cannot accept liability for the use made by you of the information on this website or in this Privacy Statement, neither do we warrant that the supply of the information will be uninterrupted. All material accessed or downloaded from this website is obtained at your own risk. It is your responsibility to use appropriate anti-virus software.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to the data collected by us, and therefore does not also apply to data collected by third party websites and services that are not under our control. Furthermore, we cannot be held responsible for the Privacy Statements on third party websites, and we advise users to read these carefully before registering any personal data.
10) Accessibility Statement
We are committed to providing a website in which content is accessible to everyone. We therefore update our website regularly in order to make it as adaptable as possible.
- What are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a web page. Cookies are used to help you navigate the website and to enhance your experience whilst on the website. Cookies enable a website to tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences.
Cookies are used to collect data about the performance of websites and to ensure an easy and consistent user experience for visitors.
- Can cookies harm my computer?
No. Cookies do not harm your computer and cannot carry viruses. Cookies are intended to enhance your experience of a website, rather than obstruct it.
- Managing Cookies