Account Terms & Conditions
- All prices quoted are valid for 30 days from date of quote.
- Increases in costs associated with shipping, transport, raw material rises, VAT or taxation will be notified at 30 days prior to implementation.
- Prices are quoted in GB £ including on stock charge for UK Distribution.
- For direct or USA $ deliveries please refer to the terms of the contract or PO.
- SWI UK standard ‘Terms of Trade’ at 30 Days applied.
Terms of Payment
The seller shall invoice the Buyer of the Goods immediately following delivery. Payment is due on or before the 20th day of the month following the month of invoice. Time for payment been of the essence of the Contract.
If the Buyer fails to pay on the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to;
- The immediate payment of all outstanding payments on the Goods or any other goods, services or works under any contract even if payment is not due and irrespective of any credit facilities;
- Charge the Buyer interest of 2.5% per month on unpaid amounts until payment is made (a part of a month being treated as a full month) for the purposes of calculating interest.; and
- Charge the Buyer the cost of recovery of any unpaid amount including any legal costs, disbursements and bank charges incurred.
Complaints / Claims
Dealer prior to installation should inspect all goods, as claims resulting from visible defects cannot be entertained after the product has been fitted. Any complaint that arises on goods already fitted can only be considered once a dealer has inspected the installation and the details submitted on request. We can accept no liability for consequential loss or damage not due to circumstances beyond our control or that of our suppliers.
All orders accepted subject to the conditions that prices charged will be those ruling at the time of dispatch.
Carriage charges may apply to your order if less than one full pallet. Please confirm with your account manager to clarify this point.
Cancellations, which must be confirmed in writing, can only be accepted prior to goods being dispatched.
When goods are returned solely on the account of customer error, we will only issue credit amounting to that obtained for the goods on resale less 15% handling charge. In cases where goods returned are seriously damaged in transit due to inadequate packing, credit for scrap value only can be accepted. Transport costs are applicable for the collection of the materials.
Whilst every effort is made to manufacture the Correct size, slight machining variations are unavoidable and a tolerance of plus or minus 1.50 % should be allowed.
Insolvency of Buyer
This clause applies if;
- The Buyer makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) becomes subject to an administration order or goes into liquidation (otherwise than for purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
- An encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer; or
- the Buyer ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or
- The Seller reasonably apprehends that of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- If this clause applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
At all times until full payment has been made the supplier holds the full title of the goods and at anytime at the buyers cost can collect all such items where payment has not been fully made within those displayed here under ‘Terms of Payment’
Anticipated delivery dates are given in good faith and whilst every effort is made to ensure they are met this cannot be considered as the essence of any contract. Therefore on the rare occasion that a delay does occur we are not able to accept liability in the event of any corresponding claim. Photo evidence of damaged product is required as part of the claim process with the 3rd party transport provider.
Passing of property
All goods are at the risk of the customer as soon as they are delivered or collected, but the property and ownership of the goods will not pass until the payment in full, of all outstanding invoices, has been received by the Company.